Video Playlist Widget
Video Playlist WidgetLast updated 08.14.23
This Video Playlist widget is a plug and play component designed to dynamically display a video-playlist feed from YouTube or Vimeo. This documentation goes over recommended configuration settings.
• Built to dynamically pull video playlist feeds from YouTube or Vimeo
• Automatically displays video titles and descriptions
• Automatically updates your playlist
• Displays one large video as a feature and thumbnails of additional playlist videos
• Sets maximum number of videos displayed
• Can display a button to take the visitor to YouTube or Vimeo to explore more videos
Add Video Playlist Widget to the page
1. Select where on the page you would like the widget to appear.
2. Click on the blue plus add widget icon
3. Select the Video Playlist widget from the widget pop up
4. Once the widget is added to the page, hover over the added widget until it displays the properties and trash icons. Click on the gear-shaped properties icon.
Video Playlist Widget Properties
5. In the Video Playlist properties pop up, adjust various settings including video type, playlist ID and number of videos displayed.
6. Click Apply button to update the widget with selected properties. The properties pop up will automatically close.
How to delete the Video Playlist Widget
Hover over the Video Playlist widget until it displays the properties and trash icons and click on the trash icon to delete.
How to reposition the Video Playlist Widget
Hover over the Video Playlist widget until it displays the grab icon on the left. Simply drag and drop in a new location.
Video Playlist Widget Properties
|Video Type||Select the playlist type from:|
• [Atlas] Media Library
|Playlist ID||Sourced from your YouTube Playlist, or Vimeo Showcase page .|
YouTube Playlist ID: will be a long series of numbers and letters beginning with PL.
|Youtube Feature Video ID|
Vimeo Feature Video ID
|Sourced from your YouTube or Vimeo videos. This selects which video is the large featured thumbnail on the left.|
YouTube Feature Video ID:
|Select Video (Media Library only)||Clicking the Select button opens a dialog box allowing you to select a single video via the Media Library Application.|
Note this is not generally recommended for video. The streaming power of YouTube or Vimeo allows for much faster playback.
|Feature Video Title||Text entry adds header title above the large featured video thumbnail to the left|
|Enable See More Videos Button||Checkbox to toggle button on or off which will be visible below the widget. This button will automatically link to more videos on YouTube or Vimeo in the same playlist or showcase. Not to be used for a video selected from the Media Library Application.|
|Text [Button]||Enter text to be featured on each button. Typically shorter text is better for ease of reading and to keep the design tidy.|
|Style [Button]||Select pre-built style options from the menu. Note that if two buttons are featured, each one may have its own style. Below is the list of styles that can be selected:|
• Default - a rectangular shape with a solid-color fill
• Round - a pill shape with a solid-color fill
• Radius - a rectangle with slightly rounded corners with a solid-color fill
• Hollow - a rectangular outline shape with a transparent fill
• Expanded - an extra-wide rectangular shape with a solid-color fill
• Disabled - a rectangular shape faded back to denote that it is disabled
• Clear - a transparent button with only text visible
|Color [Button]||Select from your custom brand colors or grayscale options from the menu for button fills or outlines. Note that if two buttons are featured, each one may have its own color. Below is the list of colors that may be selected:|
• Primary Color
• Primary Color – Light
• Primary Color – Dark
• Secondary Color
• Secondary Color – Light
• Secondary Color – Dark
• Light Gray
• Medium Gray
• Dark Gray
|Target [Button]||Below are the targets to choose from: |
Default – this will open in the same tab of the browser and is typically used to move around within your site
Blank – this will open in a new tab of the browser and is typically used for links that leave your site
|Videos Title (Recent Video)||Text entry area adds small header title above the list of small thumbnail videos to the right|
|Max Items Displayed||Enter number of playlist videos to include for video list to the right of the large featured video. 2-3 recommended. Not to be used for a video selected from the Media Library Application.|
|Hide Video Synopsis Text||Checkbox to toggle on or off visibility of each playlist video synopsis text. The text is automatically pulled from the YouTube or Vimeo video content. Video title and date will remain visible. This text will not appear with a video stored in the Media Library Application.|