Email Best Practices
Oct 18, 2022
Emails in Kentico are organized in folders or email feeds. It’s important that these feeds are set up correctly so that all emails within the feed are delivered successfully.
1. Select the email feed you wish to edit by clicking on the green pencil
2. Select Configuration tab
3. Enter your Display name, Sender Name, Sender Email address, and Unsubscription Email Template
4. Add your Base URL. This is the base URL for your website and must include https://
5. Click Add templates under Email templates and add the 2021 Dynamic Template
6. Select Save.
Though these are not system requirements, following these image best practices will help you to mitigate spam. For more information, see Image Optimization.
1. Make sure image files are no larger than 600 pixels in width. Images will dynamically adjust to fit this appearance, but they will still carry the weight of the uploaded file size.
2. Include an image URL for all images. This will default to the home page of your site unless otherwise specified.
3. Enter Alt or Alternative text. This is an accessibility feature that many emailer servers now reference.
Email cloning is an easy way to reuse standard templates or regular email messages. However, there are a few things to keep in mind:
1. Know that only an email feed can be cloned, not an individual email message.
2. Never clone an email that has already been sent. This can create a messy web of information that may cause delivery issues.
3. Create a template that is never sent. If there’s a regular message or layout you use, create a template email that is marked as such. This email should never be sent and therefore can be easily cloned.
Read More News
Blog posts and news articles are a great way to add new content to your website and build site authority, both of which are great for SEO. These are also great tools for creating content related to the keywords your customers and potential customers are searching for, or to drive traffic towards the areas your business is trying working to grow. The ATLAS Kentico environment has both blog and news pages with corresponding widgets that allow you to place a feed of either content on any page.