Buttons WidgetLast updated 11.03.22
The Buttons widget allows for the addition of one or two buttons anywhere a widget can be added. These buttons can be linked to a page, an anchor, a document in the media library, an email or an external URL. This widget allows for flexibility in building your custom elements.
Add Buttons to the page
1. Select where on the page you would like to add one or two buttons
2. Click on the blue plus add widget icon
3. Select the Buttons widget from the widget pop up
4. Once the widget is added to the page, hover over the added widget until it displays the properties and trash icons. Click on the gear-shaped properties icon.
5. In the Buttons properties pop up, adjust various settings including alignment, number of buttons (1-2), button text, button style and button color.
Note each button is styled separately. They can be different colors and styles.
6. Click Apply button to update the widget with selected properties. The properties pop up will automatically close.
How to delete the Buttons Widget
Hover over the Buttons widget until it displays the properties and trash icons and click on the trash icon to delete.
How to reposition the Buttons Widget
Hover over the Buttons widget until it displays the grab icon on the left. Simply drag and drop in a new location.
Button Widget Properties
|Select where within the grid cell the button(s) will be aligned
|Additional CSS Class
|Custom CSS elements added in partnership the development team
|Button Properties: Number of Buttons
|The widget can feature none, one or two buttons by selecting a number from the menu. If the user selects 0 no buttons will display. Anything other than 0 the Button and the below properties will display
|Enter text to be featured on each button. Typically shorter text is better for ease of reading and to keep the design tidy. If text field is blank, the button will not display.
|Select pre-built style options from the menu. Note that if two buttons are featured, each one may have its own style. Below is the list of styles that can be selected:
• Default - a rectangular shape with a solid-color fill
• Round - a pill shape with a solid-color fill
• Radius - a rectangle with slightly rounded corners with a solid-color fill
• Hollow - a rectangular outline shape with a transparent fill
• Expanded - an extra-wide rectangular shape with a solid-color fill
• Disabled - a rectangular shape faded back to denote that it is disabled
• Clear - a transparent button with only text visible
|Select from your custom brand colors or grayscale options from the menu for button fills or outlines. Note that if two buttons are featured, each one may have its own color. Below is the list of colors that may be selected:
• Primary Color
• Primary Color – Light
• Primary Color – Dark
• Secondary Color
• Secondary Color – Light
• Secondary Color – Dark
• Light Gray
• Medium Gray
• Dark Gray
|Below are the targets to choose from:
Default – this will open in the same tab of the browser and is typically used to move around within your site
Blank – this will open in a new tab of the browser and is typically used for links that leave your site
|[Button] Target URL
|The URLs attached to the button can simply link to another page of the website, to an anchor link on a page, to a different website, can automatically open a pre-addressed email, link to a phone number or a document from the Media Library Application.
Check the “URL is Internal” checkbox to access the Pages Application or the Media Library Application to select a page in the site or a document.